Quarantine lifestyle has become a new norm that none of us could have expected. Staying home has been the best way to keep our families, ourselves, and our communities safe and healthy. Although an adjustment at first, we’re all finding things to do at home during the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic that we haven’t made time for in the past—learning a new skill, planting a garden, and actually unplugging from our constant busyness.
If you’ve burned through your puzzles and board games and are on the hunt for new things to do at home, how about staying on top of your fishing game? Fishing during Covid-19 doesn’t have to mean heading out into the world just yet. You can start with learning and planning. Here are some things to do at home that will help you take your fishing expertise to the next level when you officially emerge from quarantine.
- Check out the new Angler Academy for Kids – a fun new way to take the great outdoors indoors!
- Learn to tie different fishing knots
- Watch fishing videos for tips
- Play a fishing video game
- Clean and maintain your rods and tackle
- Organize your gear and tackle
- Order new fishing gear you’ve been procrastinating
- Take an online boating course
- Set up a course in your yard to practice casting accuracy
- Research and study species of fish and marine life
- Research and practice new fishing techniques
- Hop onto Google Earth and scout fishing spots in your area
- Start planning your next fishing adventure
Practicing fishing during Covid-19 is a great use of time and can help you become a better angler. When you’re ready to head back into the world safely, you’ll have a whole new arsenal of knowledge to test out. Don’t forget to keep your fishing license up-to-date before you go fishing next. Tight lines and happy quarantine!