Who’s at fault?
Jonathan Goodwin, the daredevil who nearly died last year in a stunt he performed during rehearsals for “America’s Got Talent: Extreme,” is convinced that he’s not to blame for the horrible accident that left him paralyzed. During an Instagram Q&A on Sept. 18, a fan specifically asked the stuntman if the tragedy occurred due to an “improper setup” or a mistake on his end. Jonathan, 42, replied, “I didn’t do anything wrong.” Whether he blames the setup isn’t known, but he clearly believes that he executed his stunt as intended. Last year, Jonathan was practicing the dangerous act he planned to perform on the reality TV show in which he hung upside down between two swinging cars while escaping from a strait jacket. Video shows Jonathan escaping but being sandwiched between the two suspended swinging vehicles. At the time of the incident, many people thought he was dead, and the outlook certainly appeared bleak. Jonathan survived but was paralyzed. He is now confined to a wheelchair.
RELATED: Celeb’s near-death experiences
Adam Levine has some explaining to do. On Sept. 19, social media model Sumner Stroh alleged that she and the Maroon 5 singer had a year-long affair, and she shared several risqué messages that they exchanged. Afterward, multiple other women came forward claiming Adam, 43, sent them flirty messages as well. Following Sumner’s further claims that she and Adam had a “physical” relationship, the singer released a statement claiming he didn’t have an “affair” but did admit he “crossed the line.” According to Adam, “I want to clear the air. I used poor judgment in speaking with anyone other than my wife in ANY kind of flirtatious manner. I did not have an affair, nevertheless, I crossed the line during a regrettable period in my life. In certain instances it became inappropriate; I have addressed that and taken proactive steps to remedy this with my family. My wife and my family is all I care about in this world. To be this naive and stupid enough to risk the only thing that truly matters to me was the greatest mistake I could ever make. I will never make it again. I take full responsibility. We will get through it. And we will get through it together.”
RELATED: Notorious cheating scandals
Her Majesty has been buried. On Sept. 19, the world said goodbye to Queen Elizabeth II in what was Britain’s first state funeral since Winston Churchill’s in 1965. After days of lying in state in London, QEII’s coffin was carried from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey on the State Gun Carriage of the Royal Navy, drawn by 142 sailors. The service was attended by 2,000 people including the royal family and numerous heads of state. The queen’s coffin was then driven from London to St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in Windsor, England. Tens of thousands of mourners lined the streets to view the procession and pay their respects. Following the pomp and circumstance, the queen was lowered into the royal vault and later that day, in a private interment attended by her family, was laid to rest next to her husband, Prince Philip, her parents and her sister inside the King George VI Memorial Chapel inside the church.
Some people just aren’t cool with Ice-T’s wife. On Sept. 22, the “Ice Loves Coco” alum got a mixed reaction from her Instagram followers after sharing an image of 6-year-old daughter Chanel bathing in a kitchen sink. “The sink is easiest when you have to be fast,” Coco captioned an Instagram video of her child using her iPad in the makeshift bathtub. Several of Coco’s followers weren’t loving Chanel’s bathing situation. “Yall [sic] still treating her like an Infant,” one Instagram user wrote. Another said, “She’s to [sic] old to be in the sink..that was really Awkward to see.” A third added, “Not the sink.” Others, however, were far more interested in how deep the sink was! “I need a kitchen upgrade,” one fan said.
On Sept. 21, “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” star Ryan Grantham was sentenced to life in prison for the slaying of his mother. Prosecutors said the former actor, 24, confessed to the killing on a GoPro camera after the 2020 incident, indicating he shot her while she played piano. “I shot her in the back of the head. In the moments after, she would have known it was me,” he said, according to TMZ. After murdering his mom — he pleaded guilty — prosecutors claimed that Ryan, who’s also appeared on shows including “Riverdale,” “iZombie” and “Supernatural,” had aspirations of assassinating Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. In fact, one day after his mother’s death, Ryan loaded his car with guns, ammunition, Molotov cocktails and directions to the political leader’s home. CBC.ca reported that Ryan thought about carrying out a mass shooting while driving there. However, he aborted his plans and turned himself into Vancouver police.
“Escaping Polygamy” star Amanda Rae Grant was one of 10 women who filed a lawsuit accusing a Utah-based sect of fraud, sex abuse and forcing women into marriage. According to the suit, which was obtained by Salt Lake City’s KUTV, it is a “common and intentional practice” within the Kingston polygamist family — also known as “The Order” — to require girls and women to “submit sexually to their husbands even if the sexual submission is against their will because having children results in workers for the benefit of the Order. It is also a common and intentional practice in the Order for girls to be impregnated and have children when they are young so they cannot leave, which also benefits the Order.” In Amanda’s case, she claims she was abused for 10 years by John Paul Johnson, a son of one of her father’s wives. She was 8 when the alleged abuse began and John was 13. Amanda, who left the religion and the Kingston clan nine years ago, claims she was eventually forced to marry her first cousin. “Despite telling her parents, Amanda was not protected by those in the Order who knew of it, and the abuse continued,” her complaint, obtained by Radar Online, said. “Amanda eventually told two outsiders.”
On Sept. 21, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil fraud lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, some of his children and other Trump Organization associates, claiming they inflated the value of Trump properties to get bank loans or deflated them for tax relief. The AG, a Democrat, called it the “art of the steal.” NBC News reported that the 220-page lawsuit alleges more than 200 instances of fraud over 10 years. James’s office is seeking approximately $250 million in penalties. Following the lawsuit filing, Trump denied any wrongdoing and dubbed it “another witch hunt.” The announcement prompted a slew of celebrities to chime in. John Cusack tweeted, “Trump is going to call for a terrorists strikes against law enforcement judges feds DA’s rather then him living within the rule of law Doj / indite him – arrest him.” Billy Baldwin said, “Am I alone, or should Donald Trump be CRIMINALLY charged as well?” Donald Trump Jr. said it was “ALL politics.”