Planning your upcoming family fishing or boating trips can now be even easier if you use the new Take Me Fishing skill for Amazon Alexa. If you haven’t heard about Amazon Alexa or how an Alexa skill actually works, don’t worry. These simple guidelines will bring you up to speed.
Alexa is the cloud-based voice service behind Amazon Echo and other Alexa-enabled devices. Using Alexa skills is super simple — all you have to do is ask a question and Alexa will respond instantly. If you fish or boat, this technology can help by making it quicker and easier to plan your family adventures.
If you have an Alexa-enabled device, it’s easy to start using the Take Me Fishing Alexa skill.
Follow these three easy steps to get suggestions on places to fish, which fish species you can target in specific places, listen to an updated fishing forecast, or get directions to a new fishing spot.
- To set up your Take Me Fishing Alexa skill, all you have to do is enable Take Me Fishing skill through Amazon. Once enabled, this skill can be accessed on all your available Alexa devices.
- This skill will request permission to access your device address and mobile number. You will need to grant permission in order to enable the skill.
- Speak with approved Alexa descriptions and utterances when using the Take Me Fishing skill for Amazon Alexa. Examples of approved utterances include:
- Alexa, ask Take Me Fishing to suggest a place to fish near Dallas, Texas
- Alexa, ask Take Me Fishing about the fishing in Lake Anna, Virginia
- Alexa, ask Take Me Fishing what species are in Bear Creek, Colorado
By following these three super simple steps, you can enable and use the Take Me Fishing skill for Amazon Alexa right away. The approved utterances will ensure that Alexa responds with helpful answers to your fishing questions.
Once you start using the Take Me Fishing skill for Amazon Alexa, don’t forget to share your experiences by providing feedback on the Take Me Fishing skill page at Amazon. Did the Take Me Fishing skill save you time by help getting you out on the water faster? Did the skill suggest a new fishing spot that was perfect for a family trip? Or, maybe you were able to better plan the timing of a trip by listening to an updated fishing report?
Use the Take Me Fishing skill for Amazon Alexa to make planning your fishing adventures as easy as 1-2-3.