* 6:56 pm: According to three sources, Rep. Kathy Willis has dropped out of the race for Speaker.
This post will be updated.
* 7:12 pm: Hearing Rep. Willis has endorsed Rep. Ann Williams for Speaker.
* 7:18 pm: Not only do they bar reporters from the floor, have Illinois State Police troopers escort credentialed journalists to and from the restroom, but they are repeatedly yelling at grown adults tonight for telling reporters what’s going on in a caucus meeting about the future of this state. The HDem leadership attitude on display this week is really a bit much.
* 7:33 pm: Haven’t confirmed this yet, but nice job by Maxwell…
First ballot — 51 votes for Madigan, 18 votes for Rep Ann Williams, 3 for Rep Stephanie Kifowit. 60 is the magic number.
— Mark Maxwell (@MarkMaxwellTV) January 11, 2021
Hearing 1 Present.
I’ve been trying to tell folks that Madigan is more than 6 votes short.
* I’m hearing the same…
Also told that @RepKellyCassidy voted present.
— Hannah Meisel (@hannahmeisel) January 11, 2021
— Newsradio WTAX (@WTAX) January 11, 2021
They’re done for the night, by the way.
* 8:17 pm: Of those who hadn’t pledged one way or the other, Suzanne Ness, Denyse Wang Stoneback and Michelle Mussman all voted for someone other than MJM. Ness and Stoneback were with Rep. Ann Williams, Mussman was with Rep. Stephanie Kifowit. More tomorrow.