Are you an assertive multitasker who thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment? Are you a fashion industry lover who wants to join an amazing team of creative people in a growing startup company?
BY FAR is looking for an experienced Bag and Leather Goods Designer to join our growing team and spearhead the future growth of the category.
Working closely with the CCO and the Collection Director to shape the direction of the bag collection, you will be working in a fast-paced environment to create 4 collections a year and a number of capsules and special projects. The role requires a candidate with excellent knowledge of the technical aspects of the product, who is able to follow multiple styles and seasons simultaneously through excellent time-management and communication skills.
BY FAR is a Bulgarian luxury shoe and bag brand focusing on modern pieces with a nostalgia for vintage. Our premium product is made with love and an appreciation for the finest materials, outstanding quality and comfort. A breakout social media success, BY FAR has earned a cult following among the fashion crowd, with a steady stream of influencers, actresses and stylists trotting the globe in BY FAR’s mini bags, simple booties and square-toe sandals that anticipate that 90’s coolness.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Working closely with the Collection Director and the CCO to shape the direction of the bags;
- Design 4 collections a year and all capsule collections;
- Develop original concepts for the bags, playing a leading role in the design creative process;
- Research new trends, materials, and conduct market analysis (internet, fairs, trip, etc.);
- Undertake image research, create sketches and technical drawings, aligned to the Creative brief and maintaining a consistent, quality and consolidated look for both new styles and carryovers, demonstrating the highest level of aesthetic and quality;
- Create sketches and colour rendering proposals of the new styles according to the collection structure;
- Create concepts and tech specs for signature hardware developments;
- Create graphic moodboards and colour charts;
- Working with the Management team to understand customer buying trends, incorporating needs into the collection;
- Working with the Sales and e-comm. teams and the Collection Director to understand customer buying trends, incorporating needs into the collection;
- Effective design management, according to deadlines;
- Give support in check, release and approval of artworks;
- Follow the prototype development together with the development team;
- Assist in checking samples, adding technical comments where necessary;
- Participate in exhibitions, fashion shows, technical presentations and lookbook where relevant;
- Actively contribute to design meetings; collaboration with development and production team;
- Visit manufacturers.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Fashion and/or Design Arts;
- Previous experience in the same role and field (5+ years);
- Trend catcher, fabrics and details researcher (internet, fairs, market visits, etc.);
- Good eye for color and print;
- The highest level of attention to detail;
- Extensive knowledge about product, fabrics, hardware, style and graphics;
- Strong attitude and understanding of fashion product, style and graphic trends;
- Fashion eye with commercial awareness;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office;
- Strong hand-drawing skills;
- Very creative with a clear understanding and sense of the BY FAR DNA;
- High level of flexibility and prioritisation of tasks in a daily changing environment;
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines and design calendar;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing;
- Able to travel when required.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- A full-time job with a permanent contract;
- Dynamic working environment in a booming startup in the coolest industry;
- Great office location in the heart of London;
- Flexible schedule;
- Strong supportive culture;
- Cool, ambitious and amazingly talented team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you. Please include your portfolio with your application.
Our team will be contacting only shortlisted candidates.