Outdoor activities like boating and fishing can bring your family and kids together. At this time, we understand your kids are at home, and you may be looking for outdoor activities to keep your kids entertained and spend some quality time together.
Here are some activities you can do outdoors while social distancing, make sure to follow state and local guidelines before heading out using our map below:
- Go for a picnic. Get some snacks together, find a park near you, (or just go to your backyard) and have a fun meal with your family.
- Fly a kite. When is the last time you flew a kite? Your kids will love it!
- Go fishing. Go to the nearest river, pond, lake, and teach your kids how fun fishing can be!
- Go kayaking. Do you have a kayak collecting dust on the garage? Take it out to your nearest body of water and destress in nature.
- Take your boat out. Get your fishing rods, pack sunscreen, get some snacks, and enjoy the best place to practice social distancing.
- Go for a walk. Get some fresh air and stretch your legs. It will clear both yours and your family’s mind.
- Go running. It will help increase your endorphins and improve your mood.
- Go biking. With less traffic around, it is the best time to teach your kids how to bike.
Get the latest updates for Fishing and Boating related activities on your State Natural Resources Agency website before heading to the water:
A few additional reminders if you plan on fishing or boating:
- Check both state and local town/city regulations
- Keep a six-foot social distance between yourself and others.
- Do not touch public services, such as benches or water fountains.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after fishing and after touching any public services.
- Stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19